- Use applicative programming techniques with first-class functions
- Understand how and why you might leverage variable scoping and closures
- Delve into higher-order functions-and learn how they take other functions as arguments for maximum advantage
- Explore ways to compose new functions from existing functions
- Reduce, hide, or eliminate the footprint of state change in your programs
- Practice flow-based programming with chains and functional pipelines
- Discover how to code without using classes
Michael Fogus is software developer with experience in distributed simulation, machine vision, and expert systems construction. He’s actively involved in the Clojure and Scala communities.
On the second hand, a very common tag is functional-style concept. At every step, terms like closures, currying, folding, come to our ears and eyes. Surely as a programmer you want to read a good book about it. This book should be absorbing, have good style of writing and practical examples. And first of all, author should have a considerable knowledge about things he describes.
Honestly, the only thing that bothered me in this book is the small emphasis of graphic representation in highlighting important terms.
Programista i WebDeveloper, miłośnik wszelakich technologii frontendowych, muzyki oraz wszystkiego co można przeczytać. Można mnie znaleźć na Twitterze (@bielawka).
Szukamy kolejnych odważnych
Jeśli ktoś z Was chciałby otrzymać kopię wybranej przez siebie książki w zamian za jej recenzję, to zapraszamy do odpowiedniego wątku na naszej grupie dyskusyjnej. Dzięki partnerstwu z wydawnictwami Manning Publications Co., O’Reilly Media i Packt Publishing macie do wyboru bardzo szeroki wachlarz książek o różnorodnej tematyce.